8 signs which indicates engine oil changeDecember 12, 2018
You do own a car but do you know everything about it? Before heading to the car servicing centre here are the ten things you should know about maintaining your car.
- Read the Owner’s Manual– Most of the people aren’t even bothered to read the owner’s manual and this is where they go wrong. the manual contains a great deal of information about basic car maintenance and how to perform it. The manual will also inform you what things in your car you should check, as well as what symptoms indicate a problem with your vehicle. It will also tell you what the various warning lights on the dashboard mean which is important to know should they ever come on.
- Check your Tires– Properly inflated tires with the right pressure play an important role in maximizing fuel economy and so does improves steering and braking function of the car. To ensure your tires are properly inflated, you’ll need a tire pressure gauge to find out if the tires are inflated to the pressure recommended by the car manufacturer.
- Inspect your Vehicle Regularly– If you don’t know much about the car and you should the best car repairing centre. They will thoroughly look out if your car has any problem in the engine or any other parts of it. Do keep owner’s manual in the glove box so that you can inspect using it in case of emergency.
- Check Engine Oil Levels– The vehicle’s engine oil reduces friction in the engine as it operates and prevents excessive wear and tear. You’ll want to follow the directions in the owner’s manual to locate the dipstick and check the oil level to make sure the car has enough oil to do the job. So click here to know when do you need to change your engine oil.
- Get the Right Fuel– You should always follow the recommended octane rating fuel when filling up. Lower than recommended octane fuels may cause your vehicle’s engine to run poorly and produce a ‘knocking’ sound. This will reduce the vehicle’s performance.
- Inspecting Light Bulbs– It is necessary to check the light bulbs every time you go for a ride at night. You should also keep extra light bulbs handy in case of emergency. Read the owner’s manual and you will find how to change those light bulbs.
- Inspect Windshield Wipers– Windshield wipers play a crucial role by cleaning the windshield as you drive. It can be hazardous if they don’t function Inspecting the blades can identify worn wiper blades early on so you don’t find out about the need to replace them during a long drive in bad weather.
- Check Engine Coolant Level– Your vehicle’s engine creates a lot of heat when it runs, and the engine coolant system makes sure it doesn’t get too hot. The key to the cooling system is the engine coolant which dissipates the excessive heat.
Keeping Your Car on The Road- Now you know what to look for when performing basic car maintenance.
Keeping your car running smoothly and safely is our top priority. So, at the Car Care Centre, we’ve got a team of experts to take care of all your automotive service needs.
Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to schedule an appointment today.